Assembly Day One
Monday 4th December 2017
07:30 Registration and Networking Breakfast
07:30 Breakfast Briefing hosted by Aker Solutions
Leading the Digital Revolution
08:40 - 08:45
08:45 - 09:00
Opening Keynote Address
As the agenda in the developed world begins to shift under increasing public pressure to acknowledge and react to environmental concerns, the oil and gas industry sees itself facing a number of challenges and increasing opportunities. How will disruptive technologies, renewable energy and demand for gas as a cleaner fuel impact the oil and gas industry in the short-, medium- and long-term and what changes can we expect to see across the value chain?
- Lord Browne of Madingley, Executive Chairman, L1 Energy
09:00 - 10:00
IOCs: Developing an Organisation that is Fit for the Future
With oil prices at or below investment threshold, what is the strategy of the industry’s major players? Has 2017 seen the beginning of growth and development, moving beyond continued adaptation to the ‘lower for longer’ environment, and how do IOCs adapt to the changing energy landscape in 2020 and beyond, ensuring they are fit for the future?
- Bob Dastmalchi, VP & Director, Business Development, Chevron
- Howard Leach, Head of Exploration, BP
- Marc Gerrits, EVP Exploration, Shell
- Raghdaa Hasan, SVP, Strategy & Business Development, Statoil
- Paul Griffin, Senior Adviser & Council, Oil & Gas, White & Case (Session Moderator)
10:00 Networking Break
10:40 - 11:40
Private Equity: Will the Momentum be Sustained?
Early 2017 saw increased activity on the part of Private Equity but what has created the environment for this increase and how will this develop in 2018? What is the appetite for risk and investment across regions and the various development phases of oil and gas assets?
- Haroun van Hövell, Founder & Managing Director, Fort Bay Capital
- Michael Hill, Managing Director, Natural Resources, CPPIB
- Neil J. Hartley, Managing Director, First Reserve
- Simon Eyers, Managing Director, Energy, Warburg Pincus
- Tushar Kumar, Managing Director, Investments and Portfolio Management, Kerogen Capital (UK) Limited
- Bob Ruddiman, Partner, Head of Oil & Gas, Pinsent Masons (Session Moderator)
11:40 - 12:50
Strategic Models for Real Value Creation within Leading Global Independents
With stability in the industry for most of 2017, albeit in a lower price environment, the business models of the industry’s independents are varied and their effectiveness is critical to continued success. As explorers uncovering the newest discoveries or as aggregators of later-life assets, independents are key players in the next phase of the industry cycle but they face major challenges in the current climate.
- Austin Avuru, CEO, Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc
- Gretchen H. Watkins, Chief Executive Officer, Maersk Oil
- Karl Johnny Hersvik, Chief Executive Officer, AkerBP
- Martin Bachmann, Executive Director & Head, Exploration & Production for Europe & Middle East, Wintershall
- Mathios Rigas, CEO, Energean Oil & Gas
- Graham Phillips, Partner, Clifford Chance (Session Moderator)
12:50 Networking Lunch
Cost Reduction & Technology
14:10 - 14:50
With great demand to reduce costs and increase efficiency over the last few years, the oil field service sector has faced extreme challenges. How have they adjusted their operating models and relationships with customers, what has been learned and are the cost reductions sustainable?
14:50 – 15:20
Join Matthew Chinn, COO New Equipment Solutions, Dresser Rand Business Unit, Siemens Plc, and Karl Johnny Hersvik, CEO of Aker BP, to discuss how digitalization is changing the offshore industry and breaking business models of the past.
In this thirty minute session, we will discuss new digital lifecycle applications that are helping the industry cut CAPEX and OPEX and what possibilities the intelligent “digital twin” has to offer operators for decision-making support and asset optimization. We will also discuss how digital solutions are already cutting project development cycles and reducing CAPEX and OPEX on the Ivar Aasen platform in the North Sea.
Corporate Development & Financing
14:10 - 14:25
2017 has seen a number of sizeable deals outside the US, however volume is down on pre-downturn figures with the last two years seemingly displaying a disconnect between sellers and potential buyers. Have we turned the corner and will M&A in the coming years change the face of the oil and gas industry?
15:20 - 16:20
Within the current climate there is a need for Oil & Gas companies to refocus and embrace change to increase productivity. With cost management and efficiency the name of the game, is investment in digital technologies on the agenda, and if not, should it be?
15:20 - 16:20
16:20 Networking Coffee Break
17:00 - 18:00
This fast paced series of quick-fire technology showcases will highlight meaningful advances in technology development and their real-world application to our industry. With only 12 minutes for each speaker, they will have to be direct and engaging to pique the interest of the crowd. Presentations will include the latest in technologies including digitisation, AI, decommissioning, sub-sea/deepwater and drilling…
17:00 - 18:00
18:00 Evening Drinks Reception
T: +44 20 7384 8056
69-71 Fulham High Street
T: +65 6590 3978
78 Shenton Way
Houston - USA
T: +1 713 353 4633
Two Allen Center, 1200 Smith Street, Floor 16, Suite 6061
Houston, TX, 77002
Lagos - Nigeria
T: +44 787 550 6366
No. 92 Oduduwa Crescent,
+27 21 001 3884
Corner Main Rd & Dean Street