Assembly Day One
Monday 4th December 2017
07:30 Registration and Networking Breakfast
08:30 - 08:45
- Dr. Sun Xiansheng, Secretary General, International Energy Forum
08:45 - 09:00
Opening Keynote Address: A State of the Industry Review
A macro overview of the industry in 2017 and outlook for 2020.
09:00 - 10:00
Panel Discussion: IOCs: Developing an Organisation that is Fit for the Future
How do IOCs adapt to the changing energy landscape in 2018 and beyond, ensuring they are fit for the future?
- Howard Leach, Head of Exploration, BP
- Marc Gerrits, EVP Exploration, Shell
- Moderator: Paul Griffin, Senior Adviser & Council, Oil & Gas, White & Case
10:00 Networking Break
10:40 - 11:40
Private Equity: Will the Momentum be Sustained?
Early 2017 has seen increased activity on the part of Private Equity but what has created the environment for this increase and how will this develop in 2018? What is the appetite for risk and investment across regions and the various development phases of oil and gas assets?
- Tushar Kumar, Managing Director, Investments and Portfolio Management, Kerogen Capital (UK) Limited
- Simon Eyers, Managing Director, Warburg Pincus
- Francesco Giuliani, Manging Director, London, First Reserve
- Michael Hill, Managing Director, Natural Resources, CPPIB
- Moderator: Bob Ruddiman, Partner, Head of Oil & Gas, Pinsent Masons
11:40 - 12:50
Surviving or Thriving? Strategic Models for Real Value Creation within Leading Global Independents
Independents are key players in the next phase of the industry cycle but they face major challenges in the current climate.
- Karl Johnny Hersvik, Chief Executive Officer, AkerBP
- Sara Akbar, Chief Executive Officer and Member of the Board, Kuwait Energy
- Dr ABC Orjiako, Co-Founder & Chairman, Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc
- Moderator: Graham Phillips, Partner, Clifford Chance
12:50 Networking Lunch
Cost Reduction & Technology
14:10 - 15:10
With great demand to reduce costs and increase efficiency over the last few years, the oil field service sector has faced extreme challenges. How have they adjusted their operating models and relationships with customers, what has been learned and are the cost reductions sustainable?
Corporate Development & Financing
14:10 - 14:25
The last few months have seen a number of sizeable deals however volume is down on pre-downturn figures with the last two years seemingly displaying a disconnect between sellers and potential buyers. Have we turned the corner and will M&A in the coming years change the face of the oil and gas industry?
15:10 - 16:25
Within the current climate there is a need for Oil & Gas companies to refocus and embrace change to increase productivity. With cost management and efficiency the name of the game, is investment in digital technologies on the agenda, and if not, should it be?
15:25 - 16:25
16:25 Networking Coffee Break
17:00 - 18:00
This fast paced series of quick-fire technology showcases will highlight meaningful advances in technology development and their real-world application to our industry. With only 10 minutes for each speaker, they will have to be direct and engaging to pique the interest of the crowd. Presentations will include the latest in technologies including digitisation, AI, decommissioning, sub-sea/deepwater and drilling…
17:00 - 18:00
18:00 Evening Drinks Reception
19:30 Leader’s Dinner (By Invitation Only)
T: +44 20 7384 8056
69-71 Fulham High Street
T: +65 6590 3978
78 Shenton Way
Houston - USA
T: +1 713 353 4633
Two Allen Center, 1200 Smith Street, Floor 16, Suite 6061
Houston, TX, 77002
Lagos - Nigeria
T: +44 787 550 6366
No. 92 Oduduwa Crescent,
+27 21 001 3884
Corner Main Rd & Dean Street